South Korean left-back Kim Jin-Su has said that Son Heung-min will not give up on his dream of leading his country in the World Cup finals later month, writes the SpursWeb.
Son was on the receiving end of a nasty head collision with Marseille defender Chancel Mbemba on Tuesday had to leave the field of play during the first half and was replaced with Yves Bissouma.
Spurs confirmed on Wednesday evening that the forward has sustained a fracture around his left eye socket and will now undergo surgery. The timing of the injury has cast a shadow on Son’s World Cup chances, with South Korea kickstarting their campaign against Rodrigo Bentancur’s Uruguay on November 24.
The Daily Mail have claimed that the forward could be fitted with a protective mask and potentially feature for Spurs in their final Premier League game before the mid-season break for the World Cup at home to Leeds United.
Earlier this morning, the South Korean FA released a statement confirming that they are in contact with the Tottenham medical staff regarding Son and that they will make a decision on his selection once he has had his surgery (Sungmo Lee).
Son’s international teammate Kim Jin-Su has now revealed that the 30-year-old will do his utmost to be fit in time for the World Cup.
The Al-Nassr full-back, who is currently on loan at Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors, said (via Sungmo Lee): “I spoke with Son this morning. He is a very responsible man and a representative of the Korean national team. He will not easily give up to play in WC.”