“We are aware” – Reliable insider drops fresh update on Broja’s future at Chelsea

Southampton are not in the running to sign Chelsea striker Armando Broja this summer, according to Daily Express journalist Ryan Taylor, writes the GMS.

The 20-year-old has been linked with a return to St Mary’s after a successful loan spell there last season, but Taylor says he is out of the south coast club’s price range.

Earlier this month, 90min claimed that Southampton had made an official move for Broja.

Since then, Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has revealed that the west London outfit have received offers for the youngster, though he did not say from whom.

“I don’t expect him to leave,” the German said. “We are aware of interest and offers, which just tells us there is a lot of potential, and the owners and me will take this decision together in the end, also with the player.”

If Broja is allowed to depart Stamford Bridge this summer, the Mail on Sunday has suggested that he could cost £30m.

Taylor does not think Southampton have much chance of signing Broja this transfer window.

Speaking to GIVEMESPORT, the Daily Express journalist said: “Southampton, from what I understand, I don’t think they’re in the running. He’s a little bit out of their price bracket at the moment. We’ve seen from [Fabrizio] Romano that [Liam] Delap is a player they like from City.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.