Tottenham ‘trigger’ £39m purchase clause, player is ready for the next season

Sporting CP has confirmed that Tottenham Hotspur has exercised the €40 million (£39m) clause to secure the permanent signing of Pedro Porro, informs the football.london.

The wing-back initially joined Spurs on loan in January with the option to make the transfer permanent. During his time at the north London club, Porro made 17 appearances under four different managers, contributing three goals and three assists.

Recent reports from football.london indicated that new head coach Ange Postecoglou held a favorable opinion of Porro. Now, Sporting CP has officially announced that Porro has completed his permanent move to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

“Following the agreement concluded on January 31, 2023 between Sporting SAD and Tottenham Hotspur for temporary surrender of Pedro Porro, for the amount of €5million, Tottenham informed Sporting SAD of the exercise of the acquisition action of the player’s sports right, for the additional amount of €40million.

“The value of the solidarity mechanism due to third-party cubes will be supported in about 95% for Tottenham, leaving the remaining 5% in charge of Sporting SAD.”

The confirmation comes after Porro made his intentions very clear to continue in the Premier League. “It was a giant step, in the end, I’ve been fighting for it all my life and it’s something very big.”